Friday, July 26, 2013

In Times of Trouble

It will soon be time to turn up the clocks one hour for daylight savings time. What a ridiculous notion, considering that farmers get up before dawn to feed and water their stock and begin work in the fields, plowing and planting. What does the ordinary housewife need with the extra hour of sunlight to do her work? She works from the time she gets up to the time she finally goes to bed or when exhaustion takes over. As the "old saying" goes, "Man works from sun to sun, but a woman's work is never done." How true for most of us women.


Sorry I haven't posted for four months. I need to post at least once a week. So much happens during the week that it slips my mind to post. But, I will try to do better.


Updates on my mother: she has been coughing a lot and recently began coughing up bright, red blood. I took her back to see her pulmonologist, Dr. Puthawala, in Havre de Grace. He wants her to have another cat scan and also a breathing test. After that, he will speak with her about her means of treatment. It may mean a dreaded operation on her left lung. I pray that something can be done to resolve the lung issue for her.


My younger sister, Barbara, has her 69th birthday today. Mother and I will meet with her and two other sisters for a birthday luncheon Saturday. It always makes me very happy to be with my family again. And just to think back a bit, when we were children, we did not particularly want to be together all the time. Kids jealousies and so forth. But now we can't wait to be together for a few hours. So much to talk about. We have a good old-fashioned "hen party." Woe for her husband, Bill, this time because he's coming too, the only man amongst five gabby women. Sorry, Bill, but you asked for it.


The ultimate sadness in our family is that not only is our Mother ill, but Barbara has been diagnosed over a long year of illness and hospital visits and endless testing, to have Lou Gehrig's disease. At first they (the doctors) said she was getting Alsheimerz, then she was having Petit mal seizures. Now they have settled on Lou Gehrig's disease. We all suffer with her because she has been given such a short time to be with us, perhaps six to twelve months. She has come to terms with her diagnosis and says she is at peace in her heart. In fact, she says she can't wait to meet Jesus, face to face. I am happy for her in that instance, but it breaks my heart to know that we are losing her every day, a little at a time. If anyone is reading this, please pray that she does not suffer. Better a quicker, less painful passing than one that lingers and is in terrible pain every moment of the day. We have had our lovely sister 69 years now. In heaven we will have her for eternity.


Some really good news is that I am now a real published author. This past December I published my poetry book, "God's Potpourri of Love." I am so thrilled to see a lot of my poems in print and available to the public. I pray to God to have a boatload of sales this year. I have sold 29 copies of the ones I ordered. I'm not getting rich, but the book is paying for itself in the long run. I pray that God will bless it's sales and also those that buy and read it.


God bless you all out there. Pray for one another, especially in this day and age of no jobs, little income, illness and pain, hunger and sorrow. God has all the answers for us, if only we would go to Him in ernest prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment